German Tech Entrepreneurship Center Shortlists Startups for Blockchain Innovation Award
The German Tech Entrepreneurship Center (GTEC) , a Berlin campus promoting technology and entrepreneurship, has shortlisted startups for its Blockchain Innovation Award, which is sponsored by Globumbus and RWE.
The competition was apparently strong, as GTEC received over 100 applications from across the globe and representing a significant range of blockchain use cases. The startups that shortlist include the following.
- Arcade City – Ridesharing app integrated with the Ethereum blockchain
- Bitsoko Ghana – Blockchain secured land titles platform for Ghana
- CargoChain – Blockchain tracking of logistics
- Clipperz – Blockchain-based intellectual property management and protection
- Cyber Fund – Blockchain-secured investments
- ECHO – Encrypted messaging platform with instant money transfers
- FOAM – Decentralized architecture office building blockchain open industry platform
- Helperbit Natural Disaster – Peer-to-peer disaster aid platform
- ITP Berlin – Technology consulting firm
- Marcus Büschlieb – Develop of proof of existence app in Android
- Plutus – Rewards earning bitcoin payment app
- SolarChange – Reward program for solar energy usage
The startups will pitch in person at the GTEC Blockchain Innovation Award Ceremony in Berlin on Tuesday 17th May in front of investors, fellow founders and other members of the Berlin startup ecosystem. Each startup will have 5 minutes to pitch their idea to the audience from Berlin’s startup ecosystem. “Expert judges” will choose the prize winners, including a gold prize of €20,000, a silver prize of €15,000, and a bronze prize of €10,000. The audience will get to vote in real time using blockchain technology for which startup receives the “Community Prize”, €5,000.
The awards ceremony will also about bring together important influencers in the European and international blockchain scene. Keynotes speakers include blockchain founder Trent McConaghy (ascribe, BigchainDB), Thomas Birr (Head of Strategy & Innovation, RWE), and Jens Hewald and Thomas Hessler (Founders of Globumbus).